- 3/4 oz Organic Lemon Juice
- 3/4 oz Destin Local Honey Simple Syrup
- 2 oz Gin (London-Style or American-Style)
This cocktail is surrounded by mystery. It's rumored to have been made with honey and citrus to hide the pungent odors of the high proof Gin that was commonly available during Prohibition. The earliest version of this drink was published in 1934 in "The World's Drinks and How to Mix Them" by San Francisco bartender "Cocktail Bill" Boothby. Sit back and relax to a wonderful sipping drink! There are many variations to this drink. The options are endless, you can substitute different styles of Gin's for a completely different tasting outcome. Some variations of this drink also include orange juice to go alongside the lemon juice.
- Combine (equal parts) 1 part hot water and 1 part local honey to make a simple syrup, Stir & Chill.
Note: You can experiment with the amount of honey added as more honey will yield a stronger drink as there will be less water in the finished drink.
(Will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks)
- Place ingredients into cocktail shaker, add large ice cubes and shake for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into cocktail glass or martini glass.
- Optional: Garnish with a lemon wedge